Campervan Hire Terms and Conditions
Manchester Campervan Hire hires the vehicle to subject to a Rental Agreement which incorporates the terms and conditions detailed below. In making the rental the hirer accepts the terms of these terms and conditions and confirms that they will strictly comply with them.
Your booking is secured when a £150 deposit payment (or payment in full if within 4 weeks of hire commencement date) has cleared. A confirmation of booking will be posted or emailed to you together with an invoice in respect of the rest of the balance of the hire charge.
Payment in full is required within 4 weeks of the commencement date, otherwise we cannot guarantee vehicle availability. If booking within 4 weeks of the hire date, full payment is required at the time of booking.
More than 4 weeks before: booking deposit
4 weeks – 2 weeks: 50% of total hire charge
2 weeks – collection: 100% of total hire charge
A security deposit of £500 is payable (in cleared funds) prior to collection of your van. This deposit is to cover the possibility of negligent damage to the vehicle and/or the fixtures and fittings and/or the equipment included in the rental.
In the event of any damage to either the vehicle or third party property, you will be liable up to this amount. You will also be fully liable for replacement or repair of windows, tyres, misfuelling and loss of keys.
The security deposit will be refunded upon return of the vehicle in a fit and proper state, subject to a satisfactory inspection by us.
The refund may take up to 5 days from the end of the hire period to clear in your account.
Should there be any damage, costs for any repair, replacement or special cleaning, the costs will be deducted from this security deposit before the balance is returned to you. In the event that there is a claim we reserve the right to retain the security deposit for a longer period as is necessary to quantify the charges incurred which are to be deducted from the deposit.
Note: The security deposit will be used towards funding any loss or damage what so ever to equipment, fixtures and fittings or negligent damage to the vehicle. Where charges are incurred which result in your security deposit being debited we will provide you with an itemised invoice detailing the charges incurred by you. We will attempt to use fairly priced contractors to complete any such necessary work.
To hire our vehicle you must be between the ages of 25 – 75 years old.
The vehicle shall be driven only by the Hirer or other permitted driver who has completed and signed the Vehicle Rental Agreement form immediately prior to any hiring.
If you have convicted motoring offences there may be an additional charge due to our insurer’s Terms & Conditions.
All hirers must be in possession of a UK, EU, USA, Canadian, Australian or New Zealand valid driving licence (held for over 24 months).
If you have had an accident please inform us for insurance reasons as there may be added costs.
On collection, proof of identification plus photo identity will need to be produced prior to commencement of hire, with original driver’s licence including evidence of driving endorsements with UK Licences. Two second proofs of address are also required i.e. recent utility bills.
All drivers must be present at time of hire.
Our insurance policy protects us and any authorised driver against legal claims from any other person or death or personal injury or damage to any other person’s property caused by use of the vehicle on the road, on condition you report all such incidents to us during the hire period (and use of the vehicle is within the terms and conditions and those of our insurance company).
In the event than any third party suffers death, personal injury or damage to property caused by use of the vehicle which involves a breach by you or any authorised driver of any of the terms and conditions of this agreement and that of our insurance policy, you agree to reimburse us if we are obliged to compensate (a) the insurers for any payment they make to a third party on your behalf and/or (b) any third party.
Personal Travel Insurance
Insurance is only for the vehicle and equipment that belongs to the vehicle. It is the hirer’s responsibility to provide their own insurance to cover personal items and belongings and personal injury in the event of an accident.
Driver is personally liable for all legal penalties (e.g. parking tickets, speeding etc), which are incurred during the period of hire. Any charges subsequently notified to us, will be immediately invoiced to the hirer and we will require payment within 14 days. If we are still holding your deposit at this time, we will deduct this sum from that deposit. By signing this agreement, you agree to accept this.
The vehicle must only be driven by the hirer or any other person who has first been authorised by us, for whom you have provided the insurance, driving licence and personal identification information.
Collection and Return of the Vehicle
Pick up is from 14:30 to 16:30. Late or early pick up may be available, you will need to contact us to arrange in advance. The campervan is to be returned by 11am on the day of return.
Please allow 1 hour for the hand-over at the depot – to complete the documentation (including vehicle condition check, occupants details), to demonstrate the vehicle to you and to transfer your luggage to the camper. Please allow the same on your return.
The vehicle must be returned on the date, and at or before the time stated on the rental agreement, If you will be late returning, you must advise us immediately. Failure to advise may result in prosecution for driving whilst uninsured. An additional charge of up to £50 per hour will be payable for all late returns.
The vehicle must be returned clean, and in the same condition as it leaves the depot, allowing for fair wear and tear, otherwise a charge will be made.
The vehicle should be returned with a full tank of diesel fuel (assuming that it was provided full).
At Manchester Campervan Hire we want you to have your campervan of choice, however we must allow for unforeseen circumstances. We therefore reserve the right to provide you with a suitable alternative, in the event that such circumstances should occur we will endeavour to give you notice, however this may not always be possible. Should a substitute not be available, our liability is limited to a full refund of monies received by Manchester Campervan Hire. We will not have any other liability to you. All rights are reserved to refuse any hire under any circumstance. No refunds are payable on accommodation, or vehicles not being available where a hirer changes, cancels or seeks to vary agreement after departure. The company takes no responsibility for any detention, delay, loss, damage or injury that a hirer might experience no matter how it is caused or by whom. You acknowledge that you will be responsible for any loss or damage to the vehicle, its documents, parts or accessories arising during the rental. If you cause damage to the vehicles engine through driving too fast, over too long a period of time, and ignoring the warning lights, you will be liable for any repairs required or even the cost of a replacement engine.
Use of the vehicle
The hirer agrees that during the rental period, he/she will not and will not allow the vehicle to be:
- Driven otherwise than in a cautious, prudent and normal manner;
- Used in a manner which could cause damage;
- Driven in prohibited areas;
- Driven by a person under the influence of alcohol or drugs or with a blood alcohol level in excess of that permitted by law;
- Left with the ignition key in the vehicle while it is unoccupied;
- Driven by persons: Under the age of 25 years; or Who is not authorised by law to drive the Vehicle;
- Damaged by: Submersion in water or Contact with Salt Water;
- Used for any illegal purpose for any race, rally or contest;
- Used to tow any vehicle or trailer;
- Used to carry passengers or property for hire or reward;
- Used to carry more persons than is permitted by any relevant authority or detailed in the Vehicle manual or on the Vehicle or specified in this agreement;
- Used to carry volatile liquids, gases, explosives or other corrosive or inflammable material;
- Otherwise used in breach of my obligations under this Agreement.
The hirer agrees that during the rental period, he/she will:
- Be responsible for the cost of making good any damage caused to the vehicle by improper use;
- Understand that any damage to the interior of the vehicle or equipment will be charged to the hirer in all cases;
- Understand that Manchester Campervan Hire are not liable to you or any authorised driver or passenger for loss of or damage to property left in the vehicle either during or after the hire period unless such loss or damage results from our negligence or breach of this Rental Agreement. Such property is entirely at your own risk.
Responsibility when accidents occur
In the event of any accident, loss or damage arising out of the use of the vehicle, you will;
- Give your name, address and insurance details;
- Not make any admission of liability to other parties, settlement offer or other like offer;
- Get the name, address, phone number, vehicle registration and any other information you can from the other driver or drivers, passengers, witnesses and any attending police officer;
- Note the exact location and any relevant road signs or markings;
- If there is an injury and you did not give your details at the scene, report the incident to the police within 24 hours;
- You must STOP at the scene of the accident, do not drive away until you have exchanged details with the other party involved.
- Notify Manchester Campervan Hire within 24hrs of the happening of the event;
- Assist Manchester Campervan Hire in handling any claim arising from any event, including providing all relevant information and attending Court to give evidence;
- You acknowledge that the excess or other amount due by you in respect of any damage arising from an accident, loss or damage is payable at the time of reporting the event and not at the completion of the rental period;
- Manchester Campervan Hire will not refund the hire charge for any days you lose use of the vehicle due to an accident, theft or vandalism. We cannot accept liability for any costs arising from accident, theft or vandalism e.g. replacement vehicle costs, travel, accommodation or phone calls other than those detailed in the breakdown section below.
Breakdown & Maintenance
Our Breakdown Cover provides the following:
- Roadside assistance – In the event of a Breakdown, Volkswagen Roadside Assistance will attend to either repair or recover the Vehicle.
- Vehicle recovery - In the event that the Vehicle cannot be repaired at the roadside or at Home, Volkswagen Roadside Assistance will arrange for the Vehicle to be taken to the most appropriate Volkswagen Van Centre or Authorised Repairer for repair.
- Onward travel – In the event of recovery following Breakdown, where the Vehicle cannot be repaired within a reasonable time, Volkswagen Roadside Assistance may at their absolute discretion organise and cover the costs of one of the following:
Replacement vehicle*- In the event of mechanical or electrical Breakdown only, Volkswagen Roadside Assistance may arrange and pay for a replacement vehicle up to a maximum of two days. This excludes road traffic accidents.
Hotel accommodation – Overnight accommodation for the driver and up to seven passengers (this does not include the cost of meals and drinks).
Alternative travel – Volkswagen Roadside Assistance may arrange alternative transport for the driver and up to seven passengers to the driver’s destination, e.g. by taxi or train.
* Please note: if replacement vehicle is made available, the driver must be able to satisfy the requirements of the vehicle hiring company, which may include age restrictions. They will wish to see a valid driving licence and may also ask for a refundable deposit to cover fuel charges, insurance costs and any extra days hire.
- Message service – Volkswagen Roadside Assistance will pass on any urgent messages to friends, family and business colleagues following a Breakdown.
- European Assistance – Volkswagen Roadside Assistance will also provide roadside assistance, recovery and, at their absolute discretion, repatriation, replacement Vehicle and accommodation whilst You are travelling outside the United Kingdom within Europe*
We cannot accept any other liability for any other costs arising from accident, breakdown or any other cause. Manchester Campervan Hire liability extends refunding your hire charge for any days you lose the total use of the vehicle.
Damage and Loss
You will be liable to us for all losses and costs incurred by us in the event of loss, damage to or theft of the vehicle, its parts or accessories, while on rental if this damage, loss or theft involves deception of the hirer or another party, or as a result of the keys remaining in the vehicle whilst it is unoccupied, or was caused intentionally by you or your party.
Your liability may include the cost of repairs, loss in value of the vehicle, loss of rental income, towing and storage charges and an administration charge, which recovers our costs for handling any claim arising from damage caused to the vehicle unless responsibility for the damage lies with us or has been determined by a third party or their insurers to lie with the third party. You will not be liable to us for any charge or excess if the loss or damage is directly due to our negligence or breach of this rental agreement.
Termination of the agreement
You acknowledge that Manchester Campervan Hire may terminate this Agreement and repossess the Vehicle at any time, without notification to you, and that you will pay the reasonable costs of repossessing the Vehicle, including towing charges if;
- You are in breach of any term of this Agreement;
- You have obtained the Vehicle through fraud or misrepresentation;
- The Vehicle appears to be abandoned;
- The Vehicle is not returned on the agreed return date or Manchester Campervan Hire reasonably believes that the Vehicle will not be returned on the agreed return date;
- Manchester Campervan Hire considers on reasonable grounds, that the safety of passengers or the condition of the Vehicle is endangered. You understand that in the event of such termination or repossession, you have no right to a refund of any part of the rental charges or the Security Deposit.
Smoking – A no smoking policy applies inside our vehicle
Pets – Carriage of pets is forbidden, failure to comply with the requirement could result in the loss of your security deposit.
Gas & Batteries – Gas and Batteries are provided as part of the vehicle hire. If you run out and need to purchase gas during your hire period, the cost will be refunded to you on your return on production of a valid VAT receipt from the place of purchase.
Your vehicle – We may be able to store your vehicle for the duration of the hire. Manchester Campervan Hire cannot accept responsibility for the loss of, or damage to the vehicle or its contents however caused.
Release and Indemnity of Manchester Campervan Hire
Subject to its obligation to deliver the Vehicle or an appropriate substitute vehicle, you release Manchester Campervan Hire, its employees and agents, from any liability to me (regardless of who is at fault) for any loss or damage incurred by me by reason of this Agreement, including but not limited to:
Any loss or damage caused by breakdown, mechanical defect, accident or the Vehicle being unsuitable for my purpose;
Any loss or damage to any property left in or on the Vehicle, in any service vehicle or on any Manchester Campervan Hire premises or recovered or handled by Manchester Campervan Hire.
Subject to any insurance arrangements agreed with Manchester Campervan Hire, You hereby indemnify and shall keep indemnified Manchester Campervan Hire, its employees and agents against any claims, demands and expenses (including legal costs) incurred or sustained by them or any of them by reason of my use and/or possession of the Vehicle.
The Entire Agreement
This agreement, constitutes the entire agreement of the parties and there are no other oral undertakings, warranties or agreements between the parties relating to the subject matter of this agreement. Manchester Campervan Hire reserves the right to add or amend any rental charges without prior notice.
When you make your booking, we will collect personal information such as your name, email address, home address and telephone number. This allows us to book the vehicle and insurance for you. We may use the information that we collect to occasionally notify you about news and information. If at any stage you decide that you would rather not receive such information, please contact us by telephone, email or post. We reveal your identity information to our insurance company but not to any other third parties.