Meet Wally – Aka The Silver Dream Machine. A cool, smart and really adventurous guy.
Wally Is a 2015, VW T28 Transporter T5 with a 2.0TDI (102hp) engine and privacy glass windows. He began his life as a campervan in March this year.
He’s a short wheel base van, not much bigger than a people carrier, so is easy to drive and park anywhere. There are 2 seats in the front and 2 in the back, with plenty of space and storage for your clothes, bedding and food.
Wally has a large fridge, a twin hob gas cooker, a grill, an oven, a sink, an electric hook up and a 25 litre water tank. His elevating roof allows plenty of space to stand up and walk around. He has a double bed that folds out (or away) in seconds and with an inner tent that clips in to the quick erect drive away awning there’s plenty of sleeping room for 4.
(for more pics of Wally, please visit our gallery)
Wally comfortably cruises at 70 miles per hour (or faster if you’re on the autobahn) and is equipped with a stereo system with phone or mp3 connectivity, meaning that you can bang out your favourite tunes as you cruise.
LED lighting is fitted all around the van which will run off the leisure battery, and there are 12v and 240v sockets so you’ll always be able to charge your phone! The front passenger seat swivels round to face the rear seats, so everyone can sit around the fold out table. There’s also an electric heater in case you’re holidaying early or late in the season and feel a bit cold. For safety there’s a fire extinguisher and insurance and breakdown cover are included in the price.
We’ve tried to think of everything, so that you don’t have to. In the van you’ll find a handy information pack which should answer any questions you’ll have while you’re away. To make your trip as cool and comfortable as possible we’ve included:
- A kettle, tea, coffee and sugar
- Salt and pepper
- Pots, pans and utensils
- Plates, bowls, mugs, glasses and cutlery
- A portable BBQ
- Camping chairs (2) and table
- Tea towels, bin bags, cloths and sweeping brush
- 2 gas bottles for cooking and powering the fridge (when not on electric hook-up)
- An electric hook-up lead
- A 25 litre water bottle for the sink
- A pop up bin
- A sat-nav and set of Cool Camping UK books are available if required
For a small surcharge:
- A Fiamma 2 bike rack
- A Khyam Motordome Tourer quick erect drive-away awning (with clip-in inner tent)
- A bedding set (1 duvet, 1 duvet cover, 1 mattress cover, 1 sheet, 2 pillows, 2 pillow cases)